Friday, September 21, 2012

A Gift of Immeasurable Value


         It cannot be received without first being given. One must be trusting in order to be trusted themselves. How can someone trust another if it’s not mutual? However, trust is not just handed out, it must be earned. I used to trust just about everybody, until they gave me a reason not to. I still usually give anyone the benefit of the doubt. More recently I have realized that that may not be the best idea. Trusting a person is a huge deal and should be handled as such. Now I am much more cautious about who I talk to, what I tell them, and what they know about me. Trust is rarer, and because of that, it is more special and valuable. The value of a trusted friend is an immeasurable gift and should be held close as a personal treasure.

1 comment: