Friday, November 16, 2012

Hear That??

        If we lost all electricity, I would miss the sounds that fill my house from the electric appliances. The loss of that quiet, barely noticeable hum would be mourned. I would not be able to sleep. That is not even an exaggeration. I need to hear something at all times. Silence could just drive me insane. Usually when I go to sleep at night, I turn the timer on my TV on to turn it off right after I fall asleep. I need the sound in order to sleep. The ceiling fan in my bedroom is on every night, whether I am cold or not. I could lay there and complain about being cold, and sleep eventually, but if that hum is missing I am not sleeping at all. I cannot even sit in the living room in complete silence. Luckily, in my house there is always something running, and it is dead quiet. At all times, a variety of sounds are there from the washer, refrigerator, furnace, TV, air conditioner, radio, dishwasher, or fans. I do like to have quiet time, but there is such a thing as too quiet and no electricity would cause that much too often. 


No comments:

Post a Comment