Wednesday, February 27, 2013

"Everybody Lies..."*

Not every situation requires complete honesty. In cases where the truth could hurt someone or cause more problems it is not needed. When questioned about events and who did them, I feel it is best to deny knowing anything. As long as it would not harm people, I feel it is a safe way to go. If I say I know even the smallest detail I will end up being drawn into the middle of the entire situation. I have had enough of that in my life. Eventually the person that tries to help gets tangled into the event and sometimes blamed. If I readily give up my information, I'll be able to rest knowing I have done all I can and I gave truthful information. Honesty can sometimes hurt more than it helps. When the truth could cause more problems, I have no problem keeping it away from people. I will not lie, just avoid it.

*This wise truth comes from Dr. Gregory House's wise words

"It's a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies.The only variable is about what."

1 comment: