Friday, October 5, 2012

I Believe in Better Days...



        I have a special tie to country music. It is what I grew up with. It tells reasonable life stories, and most people do not appreciate it, which means I do. It is not all depressing as many label it. That is a false stereotype. Country music has evolved over time to include ALL types of music and their elements, not just depressing guitar strumming love songs. If anybody feels the need to argue with me about my music, I’m willing and ready to support it! That’s how strongly I feel about it. 
         For the sake of time and words, Big & Rich is one of my favorite bands. There is one particular song of theirs that is currently my favorite. “That’s Why I Pray” is a song about the problems and corruption of today’s society. The song lists many issues we face daily including neighbors losing their houses because they can’t find jobs, stupid media found on the internet ruining ones reputation, the lack of stable family environments, and religious disagreements. The song eventually offers hope that we can all make a difference by doing our own small part and letting go of the past to better days to come. The main point is that the belief that better days are out there and are very possible should be kept. Usually, when a new song comes out, it takes me a while to warm up to it, if I haven’t already labeled it as annoying. This song was quite different. It grew on me instantly, most likely due to the message it contained. 



I do not understand the video completely, but the song itself is great.

No comments:

Post a Comment